Thomas Adam wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 04, 2012 at 03:56:00AM -0800, Leo Simon wrote:
>> Tried to post this on the forum but it wouldn't let me log on.
>
> Right -- and you forget/entered incorrectly which piece of information?
>
>> I accidently Iconified my task bar and don't see any way to get it back.
>> Could you please advise if there is one?
>
> There is no such thing as "my task bar" -- either you're using FvwmButtons
> or FvwmTaskBar, in which case if you really mean iconified, then see:
>
> Next (SomeName) Iconify Off
>
> Amongst many other ways of doing the same thing.
>
> More specific answers will come with more specific information from you, if
> the above doesn't help you.
>
> -- Thomas Adam

As Thomas correctly wrote: Your question lacks in details.
Which FVWM module do you use as a "task bar"?

I use FvwmIconMan as task bar.

I used your question as an opportunity to let another wish
from my wish list become real: I finally wrote me an emergency tool,
which can solve emergencies like this one in your question.

After adding this tool to your config, you can press
<MOD5> + <MOD4> + <F12> (or any other keyboard binding of your choice),
and a "second task bar" appears. I chose "FvwmWinList" to act as a
"second task bar" without any form of skip list.

Use the middle mouse button to iconify or deiconify any window
that you want to.

Please leave feedback whether this solved your problem.

Michael

# .
# .
# .
# Your usual FVWM config stuff
# .
# .
# .

Read 0011_emergency_tool

# .
# .
# .
# Your usual FVWM config stuff
# .
# .
# .
# Use this tool when you have an emergency
#
# When you have an emergency: Press <Alt Gr> + <Win> + <F12>  (<MOD5> + <MOD4>
+ <F12>)
# - an FvwmWinList will appear
#
# When emergency is over: Press <Alt Gr> + <Win> + <F11>  (<MOD5> + <MOD4> +
<F11>)
# - the FvwmWinList will disappear
#
# Sometimes, Firefox crashes, and after the previous session is stored,
sometimes some windows
# hide on an invisible viewport.
#
# - Solution: Click with mouse button 1 on this window, and it will be moved to
page 0 0.
#
# Sometimes, OpenOffice hides dialog boxes on an invisible viewport forever
(even after OpenOffice
# was exited and newly started.
#
# - Solution 1: Click with mouse button 1 on this dialog box, and it will be
moved to page 0 0.
# - Solution 2: If solution 1 still does not work, try to maximize the dialog
box
#
# When some of your windows is iconified, and you dannot deiconify it, because
a WindowListSkip
# style is assigned to it, then you can try this:
#
# - Click with mouse button 2 on this window to iconify or deiconify it.

Key F12 A 45 start_emergency_tool
Key F11 A 45 kill_emergency_tool

# start the emergency tool
DestroyFunc start_emergency_tool
AddToFunc start_emergency_tool
+ I Module FvwmWinList

# kill the emergency tool
DestroyFunc kill_emergency_tool
AddToFunc kill_emergency_tool
+ I KillModule FvwmWinList

# window lister
*FvwmWinList: Back rgb:40/40/40
*FvwmWinList: Fore rgb:ff/ff/ff
*FvwmWinList: FocusBack rgb:ff/ff/ff
*FvwmWinList: FocusFore rgb:40/40/40
#*FvwmWinList: Font -*-new century schoolbook-bold-r-*-*-*-120-*-*-*-*-*-*
*FvwmWinList: Action Click1 Function DeiconifyRaiseAndFocus
*FvwmWinList: Action Click2 Iconify
*FvwmWinList: Action Click3 Module FvwmIdent
#*FvwmWinList: UseSkipList
*FvwmWinList: UseIconNames
*FvwmWinList: Geometry +502-0
*FvwmWinList: MinWidth 473
*FvwmWinList: MaxWidth 473
*FvwmWinList: ButtonFrameWidth 1
#*FvwmWinList: ShowCurrentDesk

# makes the text left-aligned
*FvwmWinList: LeftJustify

# I don't know yet what this does. I simply let it be like this.
# *FvwmWinList: NoAnchor

# I don't know yet what this does. I simply let it be like this.
# *FvwmWinList: FollowWindowList

# I don't know yet what this does. I simply let it be like this.
*FvwmWinList: BorderReliefWidth 0

#pretend to be a taskbar
*FvwmWinList: NoIconAction SendToModule FvwmAnimate animate

# The emergency tool is supposed to get styles!
Style FvwmWinList Sticky, NoTitle, HandleWidth 0, NeverFocus, StaysOnBottom

# for the "click 1" action
AddToFunc DeiconifyRaiseAndFocus
+ I Iconify off
+ I Raise