On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 01:25:33PM +0200, JUNG, Christian wrote:

> > somewhere else"`
> > >
> > It can, but note that this hypothetical "foo" function _explicitly_
> > indicates moving the window.  Listening for ConfigureNotify events via
> > FvwmEvent as you're proposing also has the added (dis)advantage that
> > *resizing* the window, be it deliberately or through program-specified
> > reasons, is then taken in to consideration.
> >
> > You probably don't want that in all cases, I'd have thought.
>

> You're right. Resizing a window should be handled differently (the window
> should be resized to the working area for example and not moved after
> resizing it).
>
> The explicit "Move" in your example works only for click-and-move and not
> drag-move operations or am I wrong?

I am not sure of the difference, and it makes no odds -- it depends how the
Move command is invoked, and with what options.  But it will be more useful
for interactive moves; manual moves using the mouse more than it will just
issuing a Move command to a specific area of the screen.  As I said before
-- Move honours the EWMH working area by default when used
non-interactively.  Confer the following:

EwmhBaseStruts 100 100 100 100
Pick Move 0 0

[ Move the window else, somewhere randomly ]

Pick Move 0 0 ewmhiwa

In the case of limiting windows to the EWMH working area interactively, this
isn't happening yet, hence my hack from a previous reply in this thread.

-- Thomas Adam