Thanks Thomas,

Let me explain in ore details.

>> - when I iconify certain xterm, they display and icon or the get to
>> display xterm with "unreadable" fonts.
>
> See the IconFont style or else it's a DPI issue with your XServer?

"Unreadable" is one of the default font size in xterm. When you
CTRL-Right click in xterm, it displays a list of font size, including
"unreadable" (very tiny, like 2x2 pixel/character)

When xterm is running on the same host as fvwm, the xterm is not
properly iconified, instead it is changed to font size unreadable.

>>   If the xterm is running on the same host as fvwm, xterm changes to
>> unreadable fonts and get parked in the iconbox
>
> Not sure what you're referring to here.
>
>>   If the xterm is running on a different host than fvwm, xterm is
>> changed to the right icon (as defined in xrdb) and parked in the icon
>> box
>
> Again, not sure what you're referring to here.
>
>> - when I open a menu with the middle button (mouse wheel) and I move
>> left or right, the menu is changed to a window, with ful decoration
>
> Yes, that's due to TearOffMenus -- see "man fvwm" about that.

That worked, thank you, I had to
Mouse 2 MT A -
to remove Tear off action from mouse button 2.

> You need to ask actual questions, and what you'd rather have happen in
> the case of your XTerm icon handling, since at the moment they're
> nothing more than observations.

My question is "Why is that happening?" and How to prevent that?"
Well, I guess that is two questions then :)

Best regards,

Olivier