On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 09:59:14PM +0100, Michael Großer wrote:
> Walter Alejandro Iglesias wrote:
> > Hi Michael,

> >> I have this with XV too, but I like this behavior, because this is
> >> exactly what I want: Seeing an unscaled image
> >
> > By default the display command doesn't scale the image but
> > resizes the frame and open the little window with a thumbnail
> > where you click and scroll.  The problem is Imagemagick
> > considers the size of the physical screen without resting the
> > width of the window frame and title.
> >
> > For example if you remove borders and title:
> >
> > Style display   !Title, !Handles, !Borders
> >
> > and open an image larger than the screen you can scroll the
> > whole image using the thumbnail mini-window.  With the borders
> > and title you can't (unless you scroll along the screen with the
> > pager).
> >

> Hi Walter,
>
> in both of your messages, you described what you get, but you
> didn't describe what you want instead.
>
> Please describe in detail which behavior you exactly want.
> Tastes of people are very different, and it is hard to guess
> your taste in your case.

Probably xv (I haven't it on Debian) doesn't do exactly the same
than display command that's why you don't understand me.  The
behavior expected is the same you get when you maximize a
window.  Imagine that you maximize a window but the program
forces the real screen size on the dimensions of the buffer (not
the real size of the content, the image in this case).  The
result is, if the external +0+0 corner of the title frame is
placed on +0+0 of the physical screen the right and bottom
borders are drawn out of the screen.  Remember that what the
program tries to do is to *resize* the frame to fit on the
screen, the frame doesn't respect the real size of the image.
What you obviously want is to see the whole title and frames on
the screen, like any maximized window.