On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 09:05:41PM +0200, Dominique Michel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It is several Maximize function in Fvwm-Crystal. When a new window is
> opened, a SetEnv made a variable with its window id and its
> maximized state. 2 temporary files are also created, one with the
> window width, the other with its height. I done this because I found no
> other to do what I want and this to survive a restart. May be it is
> simpler solution, but I didn't find it if it exist.

Sounds very over-complicated to me.  Using a WindowID is bad here, not
necessarily because it's only per-window, but for the fact that when FVWM
restarts, the inherent use of WindowStyle to set the style of the window
means it's lost on a restart.

When FVWM restarts, its windows are reparented to the root window, and then
reparented when FVWM starts again; in your case, the maximized state is
recorded for windows across restarts, but FVWM doesn't record the state of
all states across restarts for WindowStyle'd windows.

It seems to me like you're reinventing a session manager here anyway;
something I don't want to pedal as good advice anyway.

> Normally, it work just fine and the window is restored to its original
> size and location. But sometime after a restart, only the window
> borders and title style are restored and the window remain in its full
> maximized state. When this append, I can call FulScreen several times,
> the window never return to its original size and location.

Then something about the window when it is recaptured is causing another
style to match this window, most likely.

-- Thomas Adam

--
"Deep in my heart I wish I was wrong.  But deep in my heart I know I am
not." -- Morrissey ("Girl Least Likely To" -- off of Viva Hate.)