On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 09:00:26PM +0100, Thomas Adam wrote:
> On 10 Jun 2013 20:56, "Walter Alejandro Iglesias" <e...@roquesor.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I've noticed two issues with 2.6.5 not present in the version that comes
> > with Debian (2.5.30).  2.6.5 doesn't show the icon name correctly (it shows
> > the title name instead) and it doesn't refresh the icon name when
> > PROMPT_COMMAND variable is set on bashrc.  I don't know if both issues have
> > a common origin.  The second just happens using utf8 locale, probably iconv
> > related because it can be avoided setting xterm*utf8Title to False or
> > compiling FVWM with --disable-iconv or running FVWM with:
> >
> > $ LANG=C fvwm
> >
> > For example I use in ~/.bashrc:
> >
> > PROMPT_COMMAND='echo -ne "\033]0;${USER}@${HOSTNAME}:${PWD/$HOME/~}\007";'
> > PROMPT_COMMAND+='echo -ne "\033]1;${PWD/$HOME/~}\007"'
> >
> > This should print the typical user@host:/path/dir on window title and just
> > /path/dir on the icon name (and in FvwmIconMan too).
> >
> >   1) Icon and IconMan show the title name.  Unsetting the PROMPT_COMMAND
> >   variable and running i.e. xterm -n NAME -title TITLE the icon and IconMan
> >   show TITLE.  I didn't found any workaround to this.
> >
> >   2) Using utf8 locale and xterm*utf8Title set to true on Xterm the icon
> >   and IconMan show the $OLDPWD instead of $PWD.  The workarounds I mention
> >   in the first paragraph avoid this behavior.
> >
> > Finally to discard if Debian use some compile option or patch I've
> > downloaded the 2.5.30 from fvwm.org and compiled it just with --prefix=/usr
> > (the same I use to compile 2.6.5).  It shows the icon name correctly like
> > in Debian binary.
> >

> Hi,
>
> See:
>
> Style * IconTitleFormat %i
>
> Thomas

Hi Thomas,

I forgot to search for some new config option on the man page
before asking here.  Thanks.

This corrected the icon name issue.

But utf8Title xterm resource still gives problem; slightly different.  Now,
when I open the first time the xterm the icon shows the window title and it
changes to the icon name just after the first cd (change dir command).

With utf8Title set to false works perfectly.  It's probably XTerm fault because
it doesn't happen with rxvt-unicode.

        Walter