On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 11:19:01PM +0200, Walter Alejandro Iglesias wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 09:00:26PM +0100, Thomas Adam wrote:
> > On 10 Jun 2013 20:56, "Walter Alejandro Iglesias" <e...@roquesor.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello all,
> > >
> > > I've noticed two issues with 2.6.5 not present in the version that comes
> > > with Debian (2.5.30).  2.6.5 doesn't show the icon name correctly (it
> > > shows
> > > the title name instead) and it doesn't refresh the icon name when
> > > PROMPT_COMMAND variable is set on bashrc.  I don't know if both issues
> > > have
> > > a common origin.  The second just happens using utf8 locale, probably
> > > iconv
> > > related because it can be avoided setting xterm*utf8Title to False or
> > > compiling FVWM with --disable-iconv or running FVWM with:
> > >
> > > $ LANG=C fvwm
> > >
> > > For example I use in ~/.bashrc:
> > >
> > > PROMPT_COMMAND='echo -ne "\033]0;${USER}@${HOSTNAME}:${PWD/$HOME/~}\007";'
> > > PROMPT_COMMAND+='echo -ne "\033]1;${PWD/$HOME/~}\007"'
> > >
> > > This should print the typical user@host:/path/dir on window title and just
> > > /path/dir on the icon name (and in FvwmIconMan too).
> > >
> > >   1) Icon and IconMan show the title name.  Unsetting the PROMPT_COMMAND
> > >   variable and running i.e. xterm -n NAME -title TITLE the icon and
> > > IconMan
> > >   show TITLE.  I didn't found any workaround to this.
> > >
> > >   2) Using utf8 locale and xterm*utf8Title set to true on Xterm the icon
> > >   and IconMan show the $OLDPWD instead of $PWD.  The workarounds I mention
> > >   in the first paragraph avoid this behavior.
> > >
> > > Finally to discard if Debian use some compile option or patch I've
> > > downloaded the 2.5.30 from fvwm.org and compiled it just with
> > > --prefix=/usr
> > > (the same I use to compile 2.6.5).  It shows the icon name correctly like
> > > in Debian binary.
> > >

> > Hi,
> >
> > See:
> >
> > Style * IconTitleFormat %i
> >
> > Thomas
> >

> Hi Thomas,
>
> I forgot to search for some new config option on the man page
> before asking here.  Thanks.
>
> This corrected the icon name issue.
>
> But utf8Title xterm resource still gives problem; slightly different.  Now,
> when I open the first time the xterm the icon shows the window title and it
> changes to the icon name just after the first cd (change dir command).
>
> With utf8Title set to false works perfectly.  It's probably XTerm fault
> because
> it doesn't happen with rxvt-unicode.
>

>       Walter

Time ago I bothered you with the above.  It wasn't a FVWM issue.
I found the solution; changing this:

PROMPT_COMMAND='echo -ne "\033]0;${USER}@${HOSTNAME}:${PWD/$HOME/~}\007";'
PROMPT_COMMAND+='echo -ne "\033]1;${PWD/$HOME/~}\007"'

for this:
                              (here a two instead of the zero)
                                /
PROMPT_COMMAND='echo -ne "\033]2;${USER}@${HOSTNAME}:${PWD/$HOME/~}\007";'
PROMPT_COMMAND+='echo -ne "\033]1;${PWD/$HOME/~}\007"'

My fault I should documented myself before.

        Walter