On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 11:19:05AM +1200, sisyphus wrote:
> On 26/08/13 22:03, Thomas Adam wrote:
>
> > SkipMapping has nothing to do with switching focus
> > after the window has been mapped.
>
> But the FVWM manpage describes SkipMapping like this:
>
> > SkipMapping tells fvwm not to switch to the desk the
> > window is on when it gets mapped initially (useful
> > with StartsOnDesk or StartsOnPage).

Right---it uses X11 terminology, the point here being "mapped".  This means
"appears".

> You suggested I use this ...
>
> > DestroyFunc EWMHActivateWindowFunc
> > AddToFunc EWMHActivateWindowFunc
> > + I nop
>
> And it works! With the SkipMapping style plus the Nop EWMH function, no
> windows that I've tested will switch the desktop. Not even Firefox tabs.

That's why I said you had to do that.  It's almost as if I have you the
answer.  ;)

> But if I try to remove the SkipMapping style, then all new windows once
> again switch the desktop. So the SkipMapping style has to stay.

I never said to do this.  Your confusioon here is because you've decided to
conflate two completely different concepts and treat them the same.  They're
not.

-- Thomas Adam

--
"Deep in my heart I wish I was wrong.  But deep in my heart I know I am
not." -- Morrissey ("Girl Least Likely To" -- off of Viva Hate.)