As suggested privately by Elliot S, I created a new style property
MwmHintsIgnore that has the desired effect. When set, the Mwm hints
that are responsible for erasing the title and the handles, are
ignored, and thus the default styles are used.

Is there an "official" fvwm repo for pull requests?

Regards,
Dov