Indeed my patch is unnecessary and the same functionality may be
achieved by the following line in .fvwmrc

Style "gthumb" !MwmFunctions

According to the change log "NoFuncHint" was the old name of the
parameter. There are still references to NoFuncHint though in the
documentation, that should be fixed.

Thanks!
Dov