On Tue, 9 Jun 2015 14:39:05 +0300
Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 11:43 AM, Thomas Adam <tho...@fvwm.org> wrote:
> > I'm not sure the entire patch is necessary.  What's wrong with using
> > NoFuncHint?
>
> I wasn't aware of it. Indeed the documentation states exactly the same
> functionality as I wanted to implement. Unfortunately, I can't get it
> to work. I.e. With my patch and with
>
>    Style "evince" MwmHintsIgnore
>
> in .fvwmrc, the frame is shown. But without my patch and with:
>
>    Style "evince" NoFuncHint
>
> in .fvwmrc, the frame is not shown. Is this a bug, or am I doing
> something wrong?
>
> Regards,
> Dov
>

> > -- Thomas Adam

I have had some syle settings fail to apply to some Gtk+ app recently. I
guessed it was setting WM_CLASS after the window was all set up, if
that's even possible. I didn't investigate because I decided years ago
to have as little as possible to do with Gnome and the horrid idiots
behind freedesktop.org in general. I tried for 13 years to get and keep
consistent comfortable workflows on Linux desktops, and in the end I
just had to conclude it was never going to happen. It's been about 5
years since I gave up, but within that time, even with minimal use of
desktop programs at all, I've had to add Gtk+ to the heap of software I
want as little to do with as possible.

For most of those 13 years it looked like the idiots were obsessed with
emulating "industry standards" which were vague and poorly chosen in
the first place. Now tablets are more popular than desktops the Gnome
people are trying new things, but the idiots are still focused on
implementing and forcing on their users things they *feel* are are the
Latest Greatest Progress, when they collectively haven't got the
intelligence to truly judge. Their use of that religious icon of a
word, "progress", makes them feel they have a right to screw with you
and your workflow however they please, and if you complain that makes
you "rude" or "a troll" and thus worthy of being banned from discussion.

--
Developing the austere intellectual discipline of keeping things
sufficiently simple is in this environment a formidable challenge,