On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 7:56 PM, Tom Horsley <horsley1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> every time anything specific I can actually see changes for the sake of
> wayland, it always appears to be a horrible regression :-(

Pretty much, yes :-(

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 8:14 PM, Dan Espen <des...@verizon.net> wrote:

> Style * EWMHIgnoreWindowType

Nope, that didn't work. I'll buzz the evince developers, but I'm
pretty much certain they'll ignore me. I don't exist in their brave
new Gnome3 world.

I wish I knew enough about this to work out what was going on. I'd
guessed that evince was setting some kind of hint to tell the window
manager to not decorate it. But EWMHIgnoreWindowType should be enough
to override that, no? There's nothing in my config file to set
NoTitle, yet the evince window has that property set.

FWIW, eog and totem are examples of other applications that suffer
from the same problem.

Tet

--
I saw cout being shifted "Hello world" times to the left and stopped
right there. — Steve Gonedes