On 9/16/03 10:39 PM, "Gary D. Adams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Spew into the
Cybertrough:

> I looked at the Florida statutes, and they are very complex and
> restrictive. Apple and a lot of other companies just don't want to meet
> the requirements.

I am an Apple professional in the Tampa area.  The real reason is that
Applecare can not be sold in Florida is that the elderly lobby in here has
very vocally opposed the marketing to them of insurance via salesperson or
telephone.  They were too gullible/acceptive/getting-ripped-off/not
understanding-the-details-of-the-situation and complained about direct
warranty sales.   Apple would have had to restructure their whole warranty
system just to adhere to and accommodate the oddball rules of one
state...and trust me, Florida is odd.  Apple decided that it wasn't worth it
and wrote the state off.  It is a huge loss to consumers.  The problem is
that most of us who are in the target market group to buy a machine like the
new 15" Powerbook G4 are still employed and don't have 40 hours a week to
lobby our congresspersons to act on our behalf like the 55+ lobby here in
Florida does, so even if you sign something stating that you *want*
Applecare releasing Apple of any legal binding, Apple still won't sell it to
you. Oh well.  May the the gods protect you all when I become "retired" and
have all day to express my "non-linear" views in a public forum.
--
Kyle H. Hansen

"It's Always darkest... right before it gets totally black."