Title: Re: [Megillot] CD 6.10-11 (Gmirkin and Davies discussion)
Actually, in most book and articles, I find it assumed that this figure is the same as the 'Interpreter of the Law' a few lines earlier, i.e. the founder of the 'sect'.

As for myself, I argued (not assumed) in my own analysis of the Admonition of CD that it is a future reference, and am still waiting for a good counter=argument. Until then, I will just assert my conclusion! I have also argued that this is a messianic title, based on exegetical equivalences within CD. That Collins disagrees encourages me to think I must be right, since he is wrong more often than not on this as on other matters.

Philip Davies

Greg Doudna wrote:

In the interesting discussion of Davies and Gmirkin, both, along with
everyone else in print to my knowledge, assume CD 6.10-11 refers
to a future Teacher of Righteousness, from the authoring perspective.
Repeatedly in scholarly discussions this is asserted and assumed without
apparent need for defense or justification or argument--this point is taken for
granted. To quote most recently:

--
Philip Davies
Professor Emeritus