I do not wish to get embroiled in long debate on the Qumran cemetery. I would, however, like to draw listers attention to the fact that before c. 31 BCE Qumran could have supported only a limited number of seasonal workers for a few months in the wintertime. Such workers would  have been predominantly  males and unlikely, initially, to include anyone at death's door. Even after the construction of the "main" aqueduct which would have allowed for some year round occupation, seasonal work would have continued.

My article looking at the archaeology of the aqueducts and showing that, before 31 BCE, the only available water was that collected in L110, 117 and 118, will be published eventually in DSD. Meanwhile a shortened version, without plans or photographs, can be seen by going to
Some Archaeological observations on the Aqueducts of Qumran

David  A. Stacey