There's a small but active group of people who are using forks of this
unmaintained cookbook: https://github.com/hw-cookbooks/ganglia

We're considering creating a public fork to merge our efforts, and I thought it
might be nice to have it be part of the https://github.com/ganglia org.

Elasticsearch does something similar:
https://github.com/elasticsearch/cookbook-elasticsearch

Would the ganglia project be interested in this?
--
~j