Currently python modules are bundled in monitor-core, some are in
gmond_python_modules (or os specific repos), and a few are in both.

Ones in  monitor-core (at least in RedHat-land) get their own package
which makes them easy to install.  I suspect they are also presumed to
by users to be somehow more 'official' or at least that's how I thought
of them.  I don't think gmond_python_modules has releases or os
packaging for example.  I suspect some of this might reflect a pre-git
situation where it was harder to contribute to monitoring-core.

I'd like to propose the following for now:
  * For modules that are in both monitor-core and somewhere else, make
the monitor-core version canonical and remove the other.
  * Everything else stays where it is.

This will make it for to contribute patches are report issues without
looking in two different places and manually syncing files.

Longer term there is probably something fancy we could do such as build
time flags to opt modules in, or maybe switch to a deb/rpm per module.
That way 'is this module "good enough"' can be decoupled from which repo
is it in.