interesting indeed -- looking forward to the patch.

couple of things:

is there a limit on how big the packet can be through the config? are there
any system network config changes needed at the os level for this?
what is the limit on the number of metrics that could be put together in
the single packet?
what is the (configurable?) interval to wait for the packets to be
available before constructing the packet and sending it out?

On a different note, I would be also interested in having gmond work with
any of the message queues (rabbitmq or any other fast) as a feature
request. :-)

thanks!

Nikhil