From: Jesse Becker [mailto:haw...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2014 11:47 AM
To: Silver, Jonathan
Cc: Ganglia
Subject: Re: [Ganglia-general] Is there a way to Display deltas for metrics

Sounds like you have the RRD files set as a "GAUGE" when they should be a
"COUNTER".  You could try using rrdtool to fix this on the fly.

If you are using gmetric to send metrics, have a look at the "--slope"
option.  This is used when creating RRD files for the first time to set the
metric (i.e. GAUGE, COUNTER, etc).

On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 11:17 AM, Silver, Jonathan <jonathan.sil...@unify.com>
wrote:
> Some of the metrics that we are collecting are totals since the system
> rebooted.
> That is not very interesting and it becomes a huge number that shows
> (percentage-wise) little change over time.
>
> Is there some way to change ganglia to display the change of this metric
> instead of it value without changing the collector itself?
>
> Thanks,
> Jonathan

Jesse Becker