Thank you, Filipe. That allowed the configure script to complete without
needing to specify any special parameters. I am not sure why the RPM script
didn't handle it correctly.

I now run into an issue when running 'make' also with libconfuse:

"libgmond.c:15:21: error: confuse.h: No such file or directory"

and a whole string of related errors in libgmond.c as it ries to access
libconfuse functions.

As configure was able to successfully find libconfuse, I'm not sure why the
make file is having trouble.

Here is what it says now in the configure log for confuse

----
Checking for confuse
checking for cfg_parse in -lconfuse... yes
Found a suitable Confuse library
----

but then make explodes as it can't find confuse.h for libgmond.c

I see in the readme file it says
"        Be particularly careful with libConfuse, especially if using the
old
        2.5 version. LibConfuse 2.5 is known to be incorrectly packaged and
        to compile by default as a static library which will fail to link
        with ganglia.
"

However I am using libconfuse 2.7

Thanks,