Hello everyone.

My first post on this mailing list, hope it is not stupid one ;-).

I installed Ganglia with the following version of the hadoop distribution
Hortonworks : 2.1.3.
This distribution used Ambari as a manager for the cluster, and in Ambari, we
can modify the path for the RRD files.

Here is the version of gmetad and the version of rrdcached that I have on my
architecture :
gmetad 3.5.0
RRDCacheD 1.4.5

The path for the RRD files was originally the following : /var/lib/ganglia/rrds.
I modified it using Ambari to /mynewpath/.

When I check the process, here is what I have :

For gmetad :
/usr/sbin/gmetad --conf=/etc/ganglia/hdp/gmetad.conf
--pid-file=/var/run/ganglia/hdp/gmetad.pid

For rrdcached :
/usr/bin/rrdcached -p /var/run/ganglia/hdp/rrdcached.pid -m 664 -l
unix:/var/run/ganglia/hdp/rrdcached.sock -m 777 -P FLUSH,STATS,HELP -l
unix:/var/run/ganglia/hdp/rrdcached.limited.sock -b /mynewpath/ -B

But when I check the path, there is nothing in /mynewpath/ and the files are
still written in the old path : /var/lib/ganglia/rrds.
/mynewpath/ is not a symbolic link and I have nothing in the log telling me
there is an error (I check /var/log/message for this).

I was wondering where I could investigate to see what is my problem ?

Best regards.

Gwenael Le Barzic

falsifie. Merci.

this message and its attachments.