Hi

I've installed Ganglia 3.6.0 gmetad and gmond on an Oracle Linux collector and
can successfully collect metrics from Oracle Linux gmond nodes.
I also need to collect metrics from Windows 2012 R2 hosts too, so I installed
sFlow 1.23.4-x64 - but I then found that I had blank graphs for the Windows
node. The Windows machine has an upper-case file name and I saw that the
directory under /var/lib/ganglia/rrds was in lower case. I changed
$conf['case_sensitive_hostnames'] = false; to true and I now do not get blank
graphs for the detailed stats for the Windows node. So far so good.

However, I still have the following problems with blank stats on the main page,
sFlow node cluster names and how to use conf.php:

1.       Even though I get the detailed stats for the Windows machine, the big
load_one stacked graph on the main page does not display any details for it. If
I link the upper-case directory in /var/lib/ganglia/rrds to a lower-case name
it correctly display. So that means that the 'case_sensitive_hostnames'
directive is respected by the node stats page but *not* the load_one stacked
graph on the main page. The main page also behaves differently because in the
drop-down list of nodes the Windows machine is listed in upper-case but on it's
detailed stats page it is titled in lower-case.

2.       The Oracle Linux nodes are defined in gmond.conf as belonging to their
named cluster. The Windows machine is automatically lumped into that same
cluster - how do I define a cluster group for an sFlow node?

3.       If I create a conf.php override file as recommended and put
$conf['case_sensitive_hostnames'] = false; in there, I don't get any graphs
displayed at all for anything. Remove the file and the graphs come back. What
am I doing wrong with conf.php?

Many thanks
Simon Ambridge