We've got ganglia and sFlow installed and are collecting the metrics from  a
lot of machines.
Our plan is to use it for trending and to figure out when we will need to add
more machines due to increased load.
What I'm not exactly sure about is what metrics I should really be looking at.
Our machines will have many cores and so
I'm not sure if I should be looking at load_15 or (100-CPU Idle) or (CPU User +
CPU System* #cores).

I guess that I'll also need to monitor rx and tx _bytes_eth0

And I guess memory, but we pre-allocate that so I'm not sure that it will ever
change.

Thanks for any advise,
jon