Hello,

   I have a cluster running Rocks 6.1.1 and I am trying to use
ganglia to monitor it, but so far I have not gotten it working.

I have gmond running on the headnode and all client nodes and
I have gmetad running only on the headnode.

gmond and gmetad appear to be running properly.  (At least I
don't see any errors.)  I tested the installation of gmond by
doing:

# telnet localhost 8649

and I got a page of XML that looked OK.  I tested the installation
of gmetad by doing:

# telnet localhost 8651

and I also got a page of XML that looked OK to me.

But when I look in /var/lib/ganglia/rrds, there is nothing.  the
permissions look OK to me:

# pwd
/var/lib/ganglia

# ls -l
total 4
drwxr-xr-x   2 root   root   4096 Aug 18 03:43 archives
drwxrwxrwt 100 nobody nobody 2000 Aug 19 12:54 rrds

so 'nobody' should be able to write to rrds, but it doesn't happen.
Yes, I have restarted gmond and gmetad and it seems to have no effect.

Any ideas where I should be looking?
--
'All ideas and opinions expressed in this communication are
those of the author alone and do not necessarily reflect the