"McCombs, Zackary *" <zackary.mcco...@fda.hhs.gov> wrote on 08/23/2016
04:24:34 PM:

> Greetings All:
>
> I would like to request documentation regarding Ganglia 3.7.2, a
> Installation Guide if available or an outline of a successful
installation.

> Also, could the user community please provide me with a compatibility
> assessment and pre-requirements needed when installing on CentOS 7.

Hi Zach,

I have a detailed guide but it's something I wrote for the company, so I
can't release it without a lot of paperwork and approvals. However, I can
tell you a few basic items that I identified on CentOS and RHEL6 while
working out those details.

In general, the online documentation is pretty good.

For installing, the libconfuse and php-ZendFramework packages are
available from EPEL. In addition, I found that ganglia-web, because of its
php-ZendFramework prerequisite, also needs the php-bcmath and php-process
packages in versions which which match the version of PHP build which you
have installed on the system, i.e., 5.3.3-23, -46, or -48 (latest). For
CentOS, those two are in the base and updates repository, but for Red Hat
6 systems, they're in the Optional Packages DVD.

Good luck!

        -Michael Pelletier.
_