Hi Russell,

Two possibilities spring to mind. One is permissions and authentication - the
default disallows everyone from creating a new view:

https://github.com/ganglia/ganglia-web/wiki/Authorization-System

The second is: are you on an air-gapped network or have an authenticating proxy
or some such? The Ganglia-Web user interface needs a set of PHP modules which
are referenced via Internet-facing URLs in the default configuration, and if
you can't directly reach the Internet from the machine, then these modules
won't come in and you won't see various elements of the UI.

The modules are cubism.v1.min, d3.min, jquery.min, jquery.mobile.min,
jquery-ui.min, protovis.min, and rickshaw.min.

In my own airgapped networks, I pull copies of those modules using the default
URLs in Ganglia, bring them over to the no-Internet network, and put them in
the /usr/share/ganglia/js/airgap directory, and then change the conf.php file
to refer to them there instead:

$conf['jquery_js_path'] = "js/airgap/jquery.min.js";
$conf['jquerymobile_js_path'] = "js/airgap/jquery.mobile.min.js";
$conf['jqueryui_js_path'] = "js/airgap/jquery-ui.min.js";
$conf['rickshaw_js_path'] = "js/airgap/rickshaw.min.js";
$conf['cubism_js_path'] = "js/airgap/cubism.v1.min.js";
$conf['d3_js_path'] = "js/airgap/d3.min.js";
$conf['protovis_js_path'] = "js/airgap/protovis.min.js";

Hope this helps!

                -Michael Pelletier.