Hi Ganglia Gurus.  I've been able to get my ganglia setup working as I would
and things looks great.

Now I would like to add some additional interesting devices to the mix, but I'm
hitting a snag.  The interface provides all of the available metrics with one
query along with the age of each.  An example might be 'fan1: 5.2W, 12 ticks
old; fan2: 4.8W, 5 ticks old; PSU1: 333W, 2 ticks old; ...'.  (ticks == seconds
btw.)  The next read of the metrics 20 seconds later might be: 'fan1: 5.4W, 2
ticks old; fan2: 4.8W, 25 ticks old; PSU1: 333W, 22 ticks old; ...''.  The max
age should be 30 seconds.  Unfortunately I just get to use the interface
provided but I'd like to make use of it if possible.  My plan is to subtract
the current time from the ticks old and get the timestamp within a second -
which is good enough for what I'm doing.  What I'm looking for is some way to
provide this timestamp gmetad along with the data.  This way, I can better
correlate the data with other things I'm collecting.  I can make sure that the
timestamp for each metric is always increasing as I know that the data will be
rejected if it does not.

A quick google search turned up a 'timestamp patch', but I didn't find the
actual patch at the end of the thread so I'm not sure exactly sure what
happened to that code.  Any additional pointers to that or other thoughts on
better ways to handle this situation?

I am using ganglia and components on the CentOS 7.2 DVD if that helps.  (gmond
== 3.7.2; gmetad == 3.7.2)

thanks,

brent