The British film Pride, which I had posted about earlier, is now in commercial
release in the UK and USA and is getting rave reviews. Its showing all the
signs of transforming from a niche film to a big Brit film hit, on the lines of
The Full Monty and Billy Elliott.

It doesn't hurt I guess that the setting is superficially similar, but many
reviewers have particularly praised it for showing the benefits that can come
when very different groups - lgbt activists and striking miners in this case -
come together and support each other.

This link has some preview clips that don't seem to have come anywhere else -
perhaps the filmmakers released it to this South Wales paper since much of the
film is set there. The clips include the official trailer and one of Dominic
West - officer McNulty for fans of The Wire and in a very different role here -
showing how disco dancing can break the ice.

Another clip shows how some miners were dubious about the support and were
firmly put in place by the women. And the last clip shows a gay pride march and
how one young man is unexpectedly swept up in it - something many of us who
went nervously for our first Pride March will have felt!

VIDEO: Exclusive clips from Pride - new film on the unlikely alliance between
gay activists and striking miners
http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/VIDEO-Exclusive-clips-Pride-new-movie-telling/story-22820249-detail/story.html

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/VIDEO-Exclusive-clips-Pride-new-movie-telling/story-22820249-detail/story.html

 VIDEO: Exclusive clips from Pride - new film on the unli...
http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/VIDEO-Exclusive-clips-Pride-new-movie-telling/story-22820249-detail/story.html
 AHEAD of the September release of new movie 'Pride', we have two fantastic
clips ready for your viewing pleasure. Starring Imelda Staunton and Bill Nighy,
P...

 View on www.southwales-eve...
http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/VIDEO-Exclusive-clips-Pride-new-movie-telling/story-22820249-detail/story.html

 Preview by Yahoo