Hi Mike,

This is most definitely not U. malama. I have told the vendor this in the past.
This is a morph of U. ebenaui. They look very similar to regular ebenaui
except for the longer tail. At this point it is unknown if these are a different species,
subspecies or just geographic variation. They do turn up now and them.
They are nice geckos, I've been trying to track down a few more.
U. malama is much rarer.

Neil

With all due respect to the advertiser, I would like to know if this gecko
is really U. malama. If it is, how can you tell the difference between U.
malama and a long tail morph of U. ebenaui? They sure look the same to me!

I've included the entire link to make sure all credit is given to the
photographer and vendor.
http://www.ssnakess.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35557&highlight=malama

It's a really pretty gecko, regardless.

Mike