I prefer to use Geeqie as an image veiwer, and reserve possibly destructive
tasks for Gimp, etc.  I have yet to check to see if the configure script has a
flag for enabling/disabling support for possibly destructive tasks, but should
there be a switch for enabling/disabling support for possiblly destrutive
tasks?  (ie. Delete, Apply orientation to image content, ...)  Accidental
clicking happens with us older folks!

I have used delete on rare occassions though.  But for image rotation, I'll
rely on Gimp or ImageMagick.  (ie. I already have a script when importing
photos from my digital camera, using: exifautotran *.jpg"

So maybe adding a switch for enabling each specific possibly destructive task,
or adding destrutive tasks as a plugin might be wise?

I myself prefer to just use Geeqie as an image veiwer; and at most, adding
database categories or maybe even future editing of EXIF image metadata.
(However, editing EXIF metadata could be termed as a possibly destructive
task.)  Technically, I'll use Geeqie within one virtual window for browsing
images within a folder, while using the Gimp and a flatbed scanner interface
within other virtual windows.  Although I loath the command line interface,
it's really difficult to see images within a folder through the CLI.

--
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org/