Author: fasfuuiios
Email:
Message:
Regarding to these tests I have forgotten to add configuration
specific details.

I use PostreSQL that is tuned with
http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pgtune/
on each node.

Nodes are simple and old.

1) Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU       T4500  @ 2.30GHz x2
with 4 Gb memory
with usual HDD
OS Debian 32bit

2) Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU        E1400  @ 2.00GHz x2
with 1 Gb memory
with usual HDD
OS Debian 32bit

3) AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+ 2x2800 MHz
with 2 Gb memory
with Debian 64bit
with usual two usual HDDs with software RAID 1

I have noted that SSD openvz vps can work much faster. This is
understandable. SSD is always recommended for such database things.

But anyway none of these nodes can be overloaded by indexer to high
cpu with 5/10/20/40/50 threads. I have not tested more threads that in
some cases it becames little ddos attack. CrawlDelay is not used.

It seems that hard drive is always the main bottleneck.

Currently I think that maybe sysctl.conf must be edited to work
faster.

Reply: <http://www.mnogosearch.org/board/message.php?id=21612>