From: Nathan Bubna [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: sexta-feira, 21 de setembro de 2007 17:14
To: general@velocity.apache.org
Subject: Re: Changing '$' and '#' for other symbols - Two velocity
processings on the same file

No.  You may be able to change the JavaCC grammar we use and rebuild
Velocity, though i haven't tried that myself.

You've probably already found that \$reference and \#macroOrDirective
escaping is unwieldy, especially for doing two rendering passes where
the contexts are different.  If you don't want to rebuild Velocity, then
you could use more robust escaping by putting a $ and # (e.g.
under the keys 'D' and 'H') in the context for your first pass and
replacing the $ and #  that need to survive the first pass with ${D} and
${H}.  (or if you use the EscapeTool, this would be ${esc.d} and
${esc.h}).

On 9/21/07, Marcelo de Barros Alcantara <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We use velocity here in the company (a big web portal), and we need to

> process velocity template in two different moments.
>
> Is there a way of telling the engine to not use '$' or '#', but '%'
> and '&' for example? So that one velocity processing do not mess with
> the other velocity one?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Regards,
>
> Marcelo Alcantara
>

> AVISO: A informacao contida neste e-mail, bem como em qualquer de seus
anexos, e CONFIDENCIAL e destinada ao uso exclusivo do(s)
destinatario(s) acima referido(s), podendo conter informacoes sigilosas
e/ou legalmente protegidas. Caso voce nao seja o destinatario desta
mensagem, informamos que qualquer divulgacao, distribuicao ou copia
deste e-mail e/ou de qualquer de seus anexos e absolutamente proibida.
Solicitamos que o remetente seja comunicado imediatamente, respondendo
esta mensagem, e que o original desta mensagem e de seus anexos, bem
como toda e qualquer copia e/ou impressao realizada a partir destes,
sejam permanentemente apagados e/ou destruidos. Informacoes adicionais
sobre nossa empresa podem ser obtidas no site http://sobre.uol.com.br/.

> NOTICE: The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments
thereto is CONFIDENTIAL and is intended only for use by the recipient
named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or secret
information. If you are not the e-mail?s intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this
e-mail, and/or any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited. Please
immediately notify the sender replying to the above mentioned e-mail
address, and permanently delete and/or destroy the original and any copy
of this e-mail and/or its attachments, as well as any printout thereof.
Additional information about our company may be obtained through the
site http://www.uol.com.br/ir/.