A bit over two years ago, some developers set out to get debian's
concept of mailerwrapper ('alternatives' for mail). Ever since then,
there have been a number of package.masks for various MTAs, and
the need to carry them forward.

mailer-config/mailwrapper have not been touched for 2/1 years
respectively. If it's going to remain masked, can we just get rid of it
entirely?

It was a good idea, but it just never took off, I think mainly because
it required too many changes to MTAs, and also did not provide for one
of the original goals - running two disparate MTAs on the same box.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy