You are trying to emerge one of the packages in the modular build of KDE.  You
would first need to uninstall the monolithic buiild as it has the same
packages but builds them at the same time.  The monolithic build may be more
stable once done, that is unclear, but the modular is easier to update.

To install the modular kde use the kde-meta packages.  You may want to wait on
that until 3.5.x goes to stable, as it takes a long time.

--
Kmail on Gentoo/PPC