Michael W. Holdeman wrote:
> On Wednesday 22 June 2005 06:17 pm, Zac Medico wrote:
>
>>Michael W. Holdeman wrote:
>>
>>>Somehow I messed up konqueror. When I run konqueror in filemanager mode
>>>and su, it works fine but KDEInit will not launch kedit. In fact
>>>konqueror as su will not launch anything?
>>>
>>>Anyone know how ot fix this??
>>>
>>>Mike
>>
>>When you say su you mean root, right?  Can root launch kedit or other apps
>>from the shell?
>
> I mean drilling down the menu, utilities, konqueror file manager SU, then you
> have to enter the root password in the kde suwrapper...
>
> Yes, root can run kedit or anything else from shell. In fact this is
> something
> to do with the upgrade to 3.4.1 I think. I lost konqueror as a menu item in
> internet and utilities. I just happened to have it in my panel. When I run
> konqueror from the root shell it will launch kedit, but not from the kdesu
> wrapper...
>
> Mike

I experienced some similar strangeness with the K Menu when I upgraded to KDE
3.4.1 but that was with the monolithic ebuilds.  Now I'm using kde split
ebuilds (kde-meta) and everything seems to work pretty well.

K Menu -> System -> More Applications -> File Manager - Super User Mode

I tried that menu option and it seems to work fine.  I can open text files with
kedit.  I have kdelibs-3.4.1-r1, kdesu-3.4.1, and konqueror-3.4.1.

Zac