meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:

> K3b suddenly cannot find any burning device of my system.
> Hald is running. vlc can acces the drive for playing dvds.
> kdebase-runtime-meta is installed. k3b was recompiled without
> problems. The Configuration dialog of k3b states for both
> kind of drives "none". And me? I have really no idea, what
> is happening here. Previously it works perfectly and I dont
> know when its stops working, since I dont burn dvds that often.

I remember that I did see a similar report half a year ago. At that time,
cdrecord had no problems to find the drives....

The problem with k3b is that it does not depend on the portable cdrtools but on
self-written code from the k3b project that as a result from time to time
suffers from changes in the Linux distributions.

Jörg

--
 EMail:jo...@schily.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
       j...@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)