On 09/07/2010 06:48 AM, Ajai Khattri wrote:
On Tue, 7 Sep 2010, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:

When I try to launch a Windows program in Wine (1.3.2), an error
dialog appears informing me that Gecko is not installed and the
program might not work (which it doesn't). It has an "install" button
there, but mentions that it would be better if the distro, Gentoo in
this case, would offer it and install it from there.

I can't find any such package in portage though. "eix gecko" only
finds dev-dotnet/gecko-sharp and www-plugins/gecko-mediaplayer.

Gecko is part of Firefox.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gecko_(layout_engine)

Firefox is my main browser, so it's always installed.