On 02/23/2011 03:42 AM, Joost Roeleveld wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 February 2011 14:51:31 Mick wrote:
>> On 22 February 2011 14:19,  <dhk...@optonline.net> wrote:

I still haven't gotten this to work.  Am I the only one using this?  The
"ssh -i .ssh/id_dsa.pub host" didn't work.  I get a message "Read from
socket failed: Connection reset by peer" with or without the -i option.

When I re-emerged openssh the following output is displayed.

# emerge openssh
Calculating dependencies... done!
>>> Verifying ebuild manifests
>>> Emerging (1 of 1) net-misc/openssh-5.8_p1-r1
>>> Installing (1 of 1) net-misc/openssh-5.8_p1-r1
>>> Jobs: 1 of 1 complete                           Load avg: 2.80,
1.95, 1.43

 * Messages for package net-misc/openssh-5.8_p1-r1:

 * Starting with openssh-5.8p1, the server will default to a newer key
 * algorithm (ECDSA).  You are encouraged to manually update your stored
 * keys list as servers update theirs.  See ssh-keyscan(1) for more info.
 * Remember to merge your config files in /etc/ssh/ and then
 * reload sshd: '/etc/init.d/sshd reload'.
 * Please be aware users need a valid shell in /etc/passwd
 * in order to be allowed to login.
>>> Auto-cleaning packages...

>>> No outdated packages were found on your system.

 * GNU info directory index is up-to-date.

The ssh-keyscan man page hasn't helped.

As of now I can only log in from older systems.

dhk