-original message-
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Threads changing  Was: OT: website design
From: Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com>
Date: 2011-06-04 21:54

Indi wrote:
>> On Sat, Jun 04, 2011 at 09:22:57AM -0500, Dale wrote:
>>

>>> That one was inline with the rest.  Yeppie !!
>>>

>> Thanks for the confirmation, and for mentioning it in the first place.
>> I couldn't tell of course, because they all looked fine on usenet and
>> there was no local email to compare the view.
>>
>> It's a bit embarrassing to be "the threadbreaker", but at least it wasn't
>> my fault. :P

Sometimes our hands are forced by situation beyond our control ;)

>I suspected it was whatever device was being used.  Sort of like top
>posting.  Some people have to top post because the device they are using
>won't let them reply any other way.

Now you're ribbing me :P

That said, yeah Gmail's Java Mobile client sucks when it comes to top-posting:
Click Reply (or, in my case, choose 'Reply' from the menu), and I'm given an
*empty* textbox to write my reply, which *will* be top-posted. And I totally
have no say in that.

(And it sucks royally that midway through writing a reply, I'd forget what
exactly was written in the email I'm replying through, necessitating a 'Save
Draft', back to reading the email, then 'Resume Draft').

But now I've pulled my emails to my E72-1's native email client, and I can now
properly bottom-post, with a caveat: I have to manually insert the '>' to
indicate the quoted original email.

Oh well.

>I just wonder if there is some setting that could be changed somewhere
>to make it work correctly with usenet, or whatever you were using.  I
>just know this is going to happen again.

It depends on the mail-to-usenet gateway, methinks.

>We are back to normal again.  :-)   Then again, I never was normal
>anyway.  ;-)

We're using Gentoo, so we all can't be normal ;)

Rgds,
--
FdS Pandu E Poluan
~ IT Optimizer ~