Dale wrote:
Hi,

Sorry, subject is a bit weird. As mentioned in my other somewhat related thread, KDE is having "issues" so I started a emerge -e kde-meta. Well, this is bringing up some other issues I guess. Alan, you started this mess. You mentioned it. :-P Here we go:

Earlier openldap puked on my keyboard. Just now, kdepim is doing the same. I tried unmasking a newer version, hoping for a fix, but it fails too. So, I guess the new one ain't no better. This is openldap's puke:

<< SNIP >>

They don't seem related but I figure that one failed because the other failed. I think openldap was spoiled and lead to kdepimlibs really messing up my keyboard.

If you need it, I can post the logs it mentions but I'm hoping someone will be able to shed some light without all that. Let me know if you really really need them.

Thanks.

Dale

:-) :-)

P. S. I'm starting to miss my KDE.

More info. I figured something openldap depends on was broken so I did a emerge -e openldap. After all that, openldap still fails with the same error. I tried both the stable and unstable version with the same issue.

Any ideas on why this fails?

Dale

:-)  :-)