Gian Calgeer wrote:
Hi

I was really looking forward to the new autounmask feature in portage, as it replaces my ugly home-grown bash script. However, it just picks a seemingly random file in /etc/portage/package.keywords to put things into. Is there a way to specify which file it writes things into? Ideally, I would like to have file names based on the package I'm emerging, so if e.g. I do "emerge --autounmask-write=y dev-ruby/rest-client", it should put the keywords into /etc/portage/package.keywords/dev-ruby-rest-client or similar. Alternatively, it would be great if I could at least get portage to output the keywords to stdout without mixing it up with other output, so I could redirect it to a file I want. Is there any way to do this?

Gian

I was using autounmask to do this and it does just like you want. However, the last time I used autounmask, it was different. You may want to try that tho to see if it helps in some way.

The feature with emerge picks the first file I think in the directory. It is annoying as heck for sure. Since it is a work in progress, maybe they will change this weird behavior soon.

Then again, that is yet another option to have to remember too.  Jeez.

Dale

:-)  :-)