FWIW, it seems to work with cups with the following configuration in
/etc/cups/printers.conf

(I just let the printer acquire an IP from the dhcpd server on the lan,
and let cupsd discover the new printer,
and tried gutenprint-ijs-simplified.5.2 as the driver for it from
package net-print/gutenprint-5.2.7)

Note is that cupsd automatically discovered the following protocol to
talk to the printer (I tried others with no luck):

lpd://<host>:515/PASSTHRU

# cat /etc/cups/printers.conf
# Printer configuration file for CUPS v1.4.8
# Written by cupsd on 2011-09-09 22:34
# DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE WHEN CUPSD IS RUNNING
<Printer Epson_Stylus_Office_BX525WD>
Info Epson Stylus Office BX525WD
Location
MakeModel Epson WorkForce 600 Foomatic/gutenprint-ijs-simplified.5.2
DeviceURI lpd://192.168.0.26:515/PASSTHRU
State Idle
StateTime 1315596829
Type 8425484
Filter application/vnd.cups-raw 0 -
Filter application/vnd.cups-postscript 100 foomatic-rip
Filter application/vnd.cups-pdf 0 foomatic-rip
Accepting Yes
Shared No
JobSheets none none
QuotaPeriod 0
PageLimit 0
KLimit 0
OpPolicy default
ErrorPolicy stop-printer
Attribute marker-colors \#000000,#FF00FF,#FFFF00,#00FFFF
Attribute marker-levels 100,100,100,100
Attribute marker-names Black Ink Cartridge,Magenta Ink Cartridge,Yellow
Ink Cartridge,Cyan Ink Cartridge
Attribute marker-types inkCartridge,inkCartridge,inkCartridge,inkCartridge
Attribute marker-change-time 1315596829
</Printer>