Working on a new install of gentoo as vm (vbox) guest on win7.

Just checking if my partial install is out of date already with.  And
if a USE change was complicating things.

That change was to add -selinux.  I added that to make.conf after
seeing a selinux pkg flash by when I installed ... I think it was
'rsyslog'

Do I really need any selinux pkgs... I didn't mean to install it but
it got pulled in and I was a bit late in noticing.

I'd sooner have nothing to do with selinux.

I understand what the ouput is telling me, and how to arrange it, but
first I want to straighten out anything to do with selinux.

emerge -vuDp world... and get this confusing output:

The following USE changes are necessary to proceed:
 (see "package.use" in the portage(5) man page for more details)
# required by sys-libs/libselinux-2.1.13-r4
# required by sys-libs/libsemanage-2.1.10
# required by sys-apps/policycoreutils-2.1.14-r3
# required by sec-policy/selinux-gpm-2.20130424-r2
# required by sys-libs/gpm-1.20.7-r1
# required by app-editors/emacs-24.3-r2[gpm]
# required by @selected
# required by @world (argument)
>=dev-libs/libpcre-8.33 static-libs
# required by sys-apps/busybox-1.21.0[static]
# required by @system
# required by @world (argument)