On 12/23/2013 11:01 AM, Timur Aydin wrote:

> I am located in Turkey. The VPN service provider is
> http://www.strongvpn.com and they have servers all over the world. I am
> using their server located in New York. Once I establish the SSL VPN
> tunnel, the NY server effectively becomes my internet gateway. I need to
> do this to get around websites that impose geographical restrictions on
> their service (example, netflix.com, pandora.com). With the tunnel, I
> look like I am located in NY and the website has no way of knowing that
> I am in Turkey.
>
> Regarding IP address, do you mean the USA IP address I receive from the
> VPN service provider or my ISP assigned static IP?

Anything you can provide, it's not clear to the rest of us how many
computers are involved. Is the web/mail server only the gatway, or is
that the workstation that you're using (when, for example, trying to
access the website)?

What IP address are you using to access the web server? Its internal
one, or its external one? Is the website supposed to be visible externally?

It might also help to know which routes are set up by the VPN. Once
you've connected to an OpenVPN server, it usually pushes a bunch of
routes to the client (so that the client knows how to route to the VPN
without caring about the details). A `sudo route -n` or `sudo ip route
show` should suffice once we know which IPs belong to whom.