On 8/03/2014 9:01 AM, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
Am 08.03.2014 01:54, schrieb Andrew Lowe:
Hi all, I'm doing some research on the topic of LiveCD's and was
after any input the list may have.
[snip]
[snip]

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Andrew

systemrescuecd?

"Too complicated". What I mean by this is that the user upon booting has options!!! Do you kick into a graphical environment, do you copy everything to memory, do you..... you get the idea. The problem is that these are first year students in a common first year, they have not yet decided upon their stream, could be Civil, Chem, Mech etc and don't see any benefit in doing programming but have to pass the subject.

My "requirement" is that it boots into a GUI, preferably straight into the environment, no username/password, has dhcp, a decent editor, a browser and gcc or clang.

        Andrew