Thanks James for your help

Le 11/07/2014 03:29, James a écrit :
> Hervé Guillemet <herve <at> guillemet.org> writes:
>

>> Canon LBP7100Cn/LBP7110Cw now have an official linux "support" from the
>> manufacter with their driver Linux_UFRIILT_PrinterDriver_V100_us_EN.tar.gz .
>> I have spent 2 days trying to make it work on gentoo, without success.
>> Even people on Ubuntu, which is a distribution supposed to have been
>> tested by Canon, fail to use it.
>

> Gentoo suggest to use this driver package:
> net-print/gutenprint
>
> for canon printers, via this document:
> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Printing#Gutenprint_Driver

LBP7100Cn/LBP7110Cw uses the proprietary UFR II LT langage, and I don't
think Gutenprint supports it.

> Reading these posts may suggest a compiled solution as your remedy?
> Naturally, you'll have to adjust what steps taken to your gentoo
environment.

> http://radu.cotescu.com/how-to-install-canon-lbp-printers-in-ubuntu/

Trying to install Canon-provided driver is the solution I have worked
on, either from source or from binaries. But even the "source"
distribution of the driver mainly contains binaries. I end up with an
error ("src = libcanon_pdlwrapper.c, line = 633, err = -1¥nError
Response:ReqNo=2, SeqNo=3,opvpErrorNo=-2") generated by the binary
component (c3pldrv).
For these 2 specific printers, the driver provided by Canon is different
that other CAPT printers (Linux_CAPT_PrinterDriver_V260_uk_EN.tar.gz) or
other UFT-II printers (Linux_UFRII_PrinterDriver_V290_uk_EN.tar.gz), for
obscure reasons. That doesn't help find other people with the same
concern...

--
Hervé