Hi,

I am using a closed source software package on my 64 bit gentoo linux system. The software package is "beyond compare" by scooter soft. Because of the way this package is built, it needs a specially patched version of glibc. I have patched my existing glibc version (2.18) and have been avoiding updating my glibc since. Now I am wondering whether the latest update of bcompare will work with the latest glibc (2.19).

So, if I upgrade to 2.19 and the package doesn't work, how can I go back to the working, patched 2.18? I know that portage issues the most scary warnings when you try to downgrade glibc. So what does the community recommend?

--
Timur