On Sun, 12 Apr 2015 22:07:20 +0200
"J. Roeleveld" <jo...@antarean.org> wrote:

> On Sunday, April 12, 2015 12:23:56 PM »Q« wrote:
> > On Sun, 12 Apr 2015 11:12:38 +0200

> > > These are set in your profile, please do not override this.
> > > In other words, please remove these 2 lines.
> >
> > I'm not the OP.  (I spend less time than him on maintaining my
> > system.)
> >
> > Should those variables really not be set in make.conf?  I added
> > them to make.conf some time back because portage complained about
> > them, and if I comment them out, it complains again, like so:

[snip]

> >   The following REQUIRED_USE flag constraints are unsatisfied:
> >     python? ( exactly-one-of ( python_single_target_python3_3
> > python_single_target_python3_4 python_single_target_python2_7 ) )

> I have never set them and don't remember having an issue.
>
> From the above, it looks like they are all unset when you remove that
> line.

I think that's right.

> Which profile are you using?

default/linux/amd64/13.0/desktop/kde

> And what is the rest of your make.conf?

Before you pore through it, I guess I should point out that it's not
causing me any problems -- I was just curious about why it would be a
bad idea for me to manage those PYTHON_* variables myself.  I guess the
most notable thing about my make.conf is that I'm one of those crazy
USE="-*" people.

$ cat /etc/portage/make.conf
# Please consult /usr/share/portage/config/make.conf.example for a detailed
example.

CFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe"
CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"

# WARNING: Changing your CHOST is not something that should be done lightly.
# Please consult http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/change-chost.xml before changing.
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"

# weird load averages, maybe this will help
# 7.2 used to be right
MAKEOPTS="--jobs=8 --load-average=11.2"

PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
DISTDIR="${PORTDIR}/distfiles"
PKGDIR="${PORTDIR}/packages"
PORT_LOGDIR="/var/log/portage"

# layman expands and empty variable, then we postpend
# the main tree to it.  This should give the main tree
# precendence.
PORTDIR_OVERLAY=""
source /var/lib/layman/make.conf
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="$PORTDIR_OVERLAY $PORTDIR"

PORTAGE_ELOG_CLASSES="info warn error"
PORTAGE_ELOG_SYSTEM="echo:warn,error save"

PORTAGE_SYNC_STALE=10

FEATURES="binpkg-logs buildsyspkg collision-protect downgrade-backup
     fail-clean fixlafiles news parallel-fetch parallel-install
     preserve-libs sandbox strict unknown-features-warn userfetch
     userpriv usersandbox usersync"

# see note above about MAKEOPTS
EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--ask-enter-invalid --jobs=8 --load-average 11.2
--with-bdeps y"

LINGUAS="en_US en"

ABI_X86="64"

CPU_FLAGS_X86="aes avx avx2 fma3 mmx mmxext popcnt sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2
ssse3"

GRUB_PLATFORMS="efi-64"

PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_4"
USE_PYTHON="2.7"
PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python2_7"

RUBY_TARGETS="ruby20"

CURL_SSL="openssl"

CALLIGRA_FEATURES="author braindump flow karbon kexi krita plan sheets stage
words"

INPUT_DEVICES="evdev mouse keyboard synaptics"

# **** need to add the intel card ****
VIDEO_CARDS="intel i965 v4l vesa"
#VIDEO_CARDS="nvidia v4l vesa"

# without this, grub:0 ebuilds mess with /boot
DONT_MOUNT_BOOT=1

USE="-* 64bit X a52 aac aalib accessibility acl acpi additions agg alsa apng
     archive asf aspell audio aura avahi avcodec avformat avx bash-completion
     bluetooth bookmarks boost branding bzip2 cairo calendar canlock cdda cddb
     cdio cdparanoia cdr center-tilde chatzilla chert city classic clucene
     color colordiff consolekit cover cracklib crypt cryptsetup css cups curl
     cxx dbus declarative dga dillo distinct-l dri dts dvd dvdr edit eigen
     encode exif expat extensions extra-cardsets extraengine fam fbcon ffmpeg
     filters flac fluidsynth fontconfig fontforge foomatic foomaticdb fortran
     ftp gdbm gif glew glib gmp gnutls gost gpl gpm graphviz gstreamer gudev
     handbook hbci hddtemp holidays hwdb iconv icu id3tag idn imagemagick imap
     inotify input_uvc int-quality ipc ipv6 isag javascript jit joystick jpeg
     json kde kdenlive kdepim kerberos kipi kmod ladspa lame lcms libass libev
     libkms libnotify libsecret libvisual lm_sensors lzma mad magic matroska
     mdnsresponder-compat melt midi mikmod minizip mjpeg mmx mmxext mng mod
     modplug mouse mp3 mp4 mpd mpeg mplayer mudflap musepack musicbrainz mysql
     nano-syntax natspec ncurses netifrc nls nntp nptl nsplugin ntfsprogs
     offensive offlinehelp ofx ogg okular opengl openmp openrc openssl opus
     orc output_autofocus output_file output_http output_rtsp output_udp pam
     pcf pci pcre pdf perl pm-utils png policykit portmon postproc psf ptpax
     pyqt4 python2 qt3support qt4 quicktime raptor readline recursion-limit
     redland rss rtc sasl script scripts sdk sdl sdl-image sdl-sound
     secure-delete security semantic-desktop sensord session sha512
     shared-glapi shorten skins smime smp sna soprano sound spell sql sqlite
     sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 ssl ssse3 startup-notification stereo stl svg
     swscale symlink syslog system-cairo system-icu system-jpeg system-libvpx
     taglib tcpd themes theora threads thumbnail tiff tk tls-heartbeat tremor
     truetype tty-helpers udev udisks unicode units_cur upower usb uudeview
     v4l vaapi vamp vcd vcdx vdpau video virtuoso vlm vorbis wav weather-metar
     weather-xoap webdav webgl webkit wifi xcb xface xml xorg xosd xpm
     xscreensaver xv xvfb xvmc yaml zeroconf zlib -cacert -libav"

# The SYNC variable is deprecated (2014 Sept).  See man 5 portage for info
# about sync-type and sync-uri, both for repos.conf
SYNC="rsync://rsync.us.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"

GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://gentoo.cites.uiuc.edu/pub/gentoo/
http://gentoo.mirrors.easynews.com/linux/gentoo/
http://mirror.lug.udel.edu/pub/gentoo/";