151101 Daniel Frey wrote:
> On 11/01/2015 04:08 PM, Philip Webb wrote:
>> I am trying to get printing to work properly in my recently built machine.
>> 'hp-probe' identifies my printer as 'HP Deskjet 2510 series'.
>> When I print a text file from Gvim or a ps file from LO,
>> there are blank bands across the page, omitting lines or parts of letters.
>>
>> I have managed to get Kwrite to print properly
>> via  file -> print -> options -> layout -> schema :
>> when set to 'normal' 'KDE' 'Vim dark', everything comes out as it should
>> (there are some amusing color effects, but it's all there).
>>
>> Alongside Gentoo, I installed Mint 17.2 (Xfce),
>> which started printing properly via Gedit + LO
>> after I set print quality to 'high' via the 'http://localhost:631' menu
>>
>> Finally, I've never got the print icon in Gvim to work :
>> I use the 'prtdialog' plug-in, which prints, but only badly as above.

> Have you tried with foomatic-ppd-install on Gentoo ?
> It's the `static-ppds` USE flag, which may also need the `hpijs` USE flag.

I've had  USE="hpijs"  all along & have now tried "static-ppds" too,
but there's no change with Gvim or LO ; Kwrite continues to print ok.

> I had so many problems with hplip I stopped using it.  I found another way
> to use my hp CP1025nw with foomatic and that works trouble-free.

Don't be coy ! -- What did you actually do which works (smile) ?

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca