On Saturday 28 November 2015 12:51:59 john wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have installed kde-frameworks-5.16 & kde-plasma-5.5 and when I start
> sddm I get the following error:
>
> /usr/bin/xauth: (stdin):1:  bad "remove" command line
> /usr/bin/xauth: (stdin):2:  bad "add" command line
>
> sddm does not start
> Using openrc
> Version x11-misc/sddm-0.13.0-r1
>
> Any ideas? Does sddm only work with systemd??????
>
> slim is fine.

Not wanting to mess up my existing kde system I've built a new one from
scratch in spare disk partitions, choosing the plasma profile and the kde
overlay, and using openrc. My frameworks are at version 5.14.0 and kde-
plasma is at 5.4.3.

I did have a bit of trouble getting sddm to run at first, but after prowling
around the Web for a while I got it to work without problem. Sorry I can't
remember now what I did. It's at version 0.12.0-r1 here.

--
Rgds
Peter